Here are some amusing and inspirational quotes from football managers. Oh, and the HM the Queen.
- Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I’m very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that – Bill Shankly
- Never change a winning team – Sir Alf Ramsey
- I had mixed feelings – like watching my mother in law drive over a cliff in your car – Terry Venables
- There is no pressure at the top. The pressure’s being second or third – Jose Mourinho
- Always wear a white shirt so nobody sees you sweat – Gordon Strachan
- It is better to fail with your own vision than to fail with another man’s vision – Johan Cruyff
- As one door closes, another one shuts – Howard Wilkinson
- One of the things I am in the habit of saying is that the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary – Gerard Houllier
- There are no right or wrong, or fair results. There’s just the final score – Otto Rehhagel
- Rome wasn’t built in a day but I wasn’t on that particular job – Brian Clough
- Winning isn’t everything. There should be no conceit in victory and no despair in defeat – Sir Matt Busby
- There’s nothing wrong with losing your temper for the right reasons – Jock Stein
- Football’s a difficult business and aren’t they prima donnas. But it’s a wonderful game – Queen Elizabeth II
Finally, I just want to give a little ‘shout out‘ to our boss Simon, who’s given permission for all the 5pm World Cup matches to be screened in the Euroffice boardroom.
People who #lovefootball will be able to rearrange their hours a bit to be able to watch – as long as it doesn’t affect customers, of course and the people who #hatefootball are also getting in on the act, arranging their own office cocktail parties and ballet and street dance lessons. (I suspect it’ll just turn into tipsy tutus.)
Let the #officesportingmadness begin!